Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I got to RING the BELL!!

Hello All,

It has been a bit because the external radiation took every bit of energy I had. It was a long six weeks!!! I have been done since April 15th and resting comfortably. I am feeling great and doing well. The Video is documentation that my 28 Radiation Treatments is over! It got to ring that glorious bell - oh what fun it was!



Today my Mom and Dani are driving me up to Walter Reed so I can begin my Brachy Therapy (internal radiation treatment). This is the last big push for my overall treatment. I will sleep overnight at the hospital and in the morning they will start treatment. It will be 33 hours and 15 minutes exactly. I hope to be home Friday afternoon if everything is perfect!!



I am nervous but who wouldn't be?? I know God is with me and all will be well. I will be in touch soon!
Love to you all - Khris

7 comments:

Ron Holechek said...

Hi Khris!

I'm sorry that I haven't kept up with your blog. I just read everything I had missed out on. Sounds like you are doing well and almost through! Hooray...You did it! I knew you could. God is so gracious to walk these difficult journeys with us. I have learned so much about him these past four years. I'm so glad you got to ring the bell and am praying for you as you go through the internal radiation treatments this week.

I have one more chemo treatment on May 13th after we return from Anne's college graduation...can you believe my baby is graduating...Magna Cum Laud too! (I'm not proud of her or anything!) I am hoping and praying for a reprieve from chemo this summer since it's basically been a year of it and my body is getting tired.

I'm so glad you are through and will be praying that this is the end...no more cancer for you!

Love you!
Patti

Simple stories girl said...

So proud of you it is difficult to put into words. Do we serve an awesome God or what? Thank you for sharing this journey with us. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video!!

Jennie said...

Khris, you rock! I love your enthusiasm in your video! Can't wait to hear how your internal treatment went. Love you, girl!

LaDonna said...

Glad to hear you have transitioned through and completed radiation.
Thinking about the three of you and sending healing wishes...
Much love, LaDonna

Lisa J. said...

Hey girl! Your story (life!) continues to amaze me. You have such strength and courage and the determination to beat this! You will, you are beating this :-) I hear that you may be in our neck-of-the-woods sometime...I hope! Take care and keep moving forward. Love ya! Lisa

Sri Selvalakshmi said...

Nice article!!Thanks for sharing your experiencesEgg Wholesale Price in Namakkal

luckys said...

gta 5 apk
Every year people experience a special milestone in their lives which is their birthday. This day marks their journeys of life and represents the growth and maturity they gain during the passing of time.