Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Radiation Therapy begins....


Hello All,

Life is good - here Dani and I were together with Jim at Disney on Ice in DC back in February having a ball...what a great day

Tomorrow I start with my radiation therapy at Walter Reed. I am rested up from my last chemo and feel encouraged about the days ahead. I will start with 6 weeks of 5 days a week of external radiation and then end with a three day internal therapy at Walter Reed.

On an interesting note - when Jim, Dani and I went in for our first consult at the hospital we were in the waiting room a man rang a hand bell at the receptionists desk. And I wondered what that meant....we found out it is the tradition of the office that once you are finished and on your last day of treatment you get to ring that bell signifying you are DONE. Oh how I want to ring that BELL! And by God's grace I will....

To help with my "busy" schedule our MOM's are coming in be with Dani when I am up at the hospital....oh how grateful we are for them!!!

Love you all - need to go give my daughter a bath...khris

1 comment:

Scott said...

You go girl!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time away..Looking forward to seein gyou soon

Love Scott